Thursday, March 6, 2008

happy birthday tyler!

Today Tyler turns 28. I have known Tyler for almost 10 years now, which is a lot of birthdays that we have celebrated together! Every year on his birthday I always try to remember what we have done in the years past to celebrate. It's getting harder and harder to remember everything, especially the years when it was just a small and simple celebration. I'm not sure if Tyler has a favorite birthday memory, but one that pops in my head was when he turned 24 and we were living on Maui. He surfed in the morning and caught a very memorable wave, making it quite a lovely experience. I then picked him up and we hung out for the afternoon then met some friends at the beach in Kihei and had a bbq dinner and watched the sunset. It was a simple day, but full of many of Tyler's favorites: surfing, friends, good food and of course me :) Last year was a memorable one as well. We had two different sets of visitors for the weekends before and after Tyler's birthday. Brian and his girlfriend Erin came for a visit and we went snowshoeing at Mt. Baker. I love this series of pictures:

Then Andy and Erin came the next weekend and we spent the weekend eating out, playing with the dogs and just hanging out. Oh, and also apparently a push-up contest:

Just a few memories of many. Thank you Tyler for being so fun, full of so much joy and confidence and for desiring a simple life full of good friends, adventures and lots of lovin'! I love you Tyler!

3 comments:

uncle bones said...

Thanks babe, nice pics, those are funny. I love you too....

Kristen Gough said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler!

Aleah said...

Hope you had a great Birthday!

Ahh. Hawaii.
Plan on introducing Riley anytime soon? ;)