Tuesday, March 11, 2008

7 random facts

Some fellow bloggers have been "tagging" e/o to post 7 random facts about themselves. And although Kristen didn't tag me, she said she'd like to see my list, so here you go! A list of 7 random facts about Elizabeth...

  1. I have 3 piercings in my left ear, two of which were pierced by a friend at summer camp with a thumb tack.
  2. I love hot hot showers. Who doesn't, right? But my true obsession with a scalding hot shower began the day after I gave birth to Riley. After a very long and intense labor and then surgery, my body was tired and achy and nothing could cure that besides the hot water. Now my hot showers offer a small escape every day, (well more like every other day) from the daily task of motherhood and allow me to just stand there and relax amongst the steam.
  3. Both of my little toes posses the tiniest toenail you've ever seen. Not only is there hardly a nail, the nail that is there sticks straight up. And by straight up I mean straight up towards the sky straight up. Tyler loves to point this out on a daily basis, but it truly does cause a girl some trouble when trying to paint her toes. I don't mind feet at all and have always wanted to have really pretty feet, but I just don't think it's going to happen (no matter how many coats of polish I apply!) Luckily for her, Riley has beautiful feet and super long toes and nails. Let's hope they stay that way!
  4. I often find myself straightening items in stores. For example, I was in the fabric store today and was looking at the bargain book shelf and before I knew it I realized I was stacking all the books and making neat piles out of them. I will do this in the grocery store, restaurants...really anywhere I go I find myself doing this. And I always feel like I'm being so helpful. As if a manager were to see me, he/she would think to themselves, "Wow, I should really hire that girl, she seems like a great worker".
  5. I have a thing for maps. I love to study them and figure them out, and read all the names of the towns, cities and roads. I take great pride in the fact that I can understand maps well and if in a random city, I'd be able to navigate my way around with ease.
  6. I backpacked around Europe when I was 20 years old with my friend Claire. We had many adventures, but one night more memorable than others. We arrived in Amsterdam late at night, assuming we'd find a place to stay with ease. After a few hours of wandering the city looking for a place with an empty bed at a reasonable price, we were forced to spend the night in the city park. Claire and I huddled up and pulled out every piece of clothing we had for pillows, blankets and warmth. It was one of the longest nights of my life, even though we were probably there for just 3-4 hours. We were cold, scared and a bit defeated come early morning, so we left before the sun came up and got on the train and kept riding and getting off at different stops, trying to sleep either on the train or at the stop. Lesson learned: best to book your first night in a city, especially when you arrive after 10pm!!!
  7. Currently Tyler and I are sleeping in the living room. We pulled our mattress into our living room because we discovered mold under our bedroom window and Tyler is in the midst of repairing it. It is really quite comical and makes us laugh each time we've come home to our now disorganized living room with our huge mattress in the middle of it. It also reminds me of when we lived on Maui. We lived in a condo that had an a.c. unit in the living room and our room was down the hallway, therefore making our room very hot. It was so hot that some nights we couldn't stand it any longer and would drag the mattress down the hallway and sleep in the living room for a few nights before we felt like we could deal with the hot bedroom once again. The mold is gone and Tyler is almost done with the repairs, but until then, no guests are allowed to come over!

3 comments:

the o's said...

ha ha i loved your list! i share your love for maps/navigation, as you probably know. i did not know, however, about your impulsive organizing skills... do you want to come over to my house and do the same??

p.s. happy 4 months to riles!!

Kristen Gough said...

i love these things you shared! you are such a fun gal, elizabeth. this photo of you and riley is so beautiful, too! hope you two are having a good day today. it is so rainy here... i'm trying to work up the motivation for a walk. :)

Martha said...

I think I knew most of the things on your list. Do you think that you learned to love maps when we were 7 years old bouncing across practically every state in the West on the way to grandma's house? The map was probably the only thing left to read after a little while!

Number 4 makes me wonder if you feel the need to straighten things when you go over to other people's houses, but refrain to fit in with polite society! Haaaaa.

Love you silly lady!
Marthy