Wednesday, March 26, 2008

easter weekend

We spent this past weekend in Seattle and had a very full weekend. For as busy as it was, it was very relaxing and felt like we got to spend some good quality time with everyone. Here is a little run down of what we did: It was Bjorn's 2ND birthday (our nephew) so we went to Tacoma Saturday morning and had breakfast with Jon & Bjorn, played at the park then went to Bjorn's birthday party.
After the party we zoomed back up to Seattle and then made a birthday dinner for my Mom. The dinner turned out awesome - some tasty salmon, asparagus, mashed potatoes and bread - and Martha made the most beautiful cake for her as well. In case you didn't know, my sister Martha is VERY talented in many aspects of life - some of them being cooking, baking, gardening, and of course always looking good :) Anyway, I had to take a picture of the cake...

As if that day wasn't busy enough...we then went to Martha's baptism. Martha was baptized in the Catholic church, so the baptism was a 3 hour mass from 8-11pm at the Easter Vigil service. I had never been to a mass, let alone a 3 hour one! It went by pretty quickly and was very beautiful to see Martha baptized. And to top it off, Riley slept the entire time! Afterwards Mike's family hosted drinks and dessert at a nearby restaurant, so this mommy was partying it up until midnight or so...big time! And Riley continued to sleep in her car seat, sitting atop one of the tables. It was a fun evening and we are so proud of you Martha!



And then of course the next day was Easter, which consisted of church then a great day of good food and family. Hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter. This week I'm busy with babysitting, appointments, walks with friends and getting ready for some upcoming baby showers. And also running. My training has been going well, although I've missed my long runs these past two weekends due to the weekends being full. That is very unlike me, but I'm trying to just roll with it and just hope and pray I can make it those 13 miles!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Thanks for the nice shoutout E- hopefully all of your peeps know that you are actually a better baker than me! I love the pic of John and Tyler too!

Unknown said...

great pics and sounds like a great weekend! riley is so cute!

Aleah said...

Fun pictures! Riley looked so cute on Sunday!!

Have a great weekend!