Monday, February 25, 2008

new chair & other news



A friend of mine is letting me borrow this little chair for Riley. Her son's legs have gotten too big and don't fit through the slots anymore, so for the mean time Riley gets to enjoy the chair and practice her "sitting up" skills. Since she is not a fan of "tummy time" and will probably fail that part of her "proper development" test, we can at least work on her "holding herself up in a chair" abilities... :) Tyler and I stick her in it and just laugh. Cheap entertainment, I know, but seriously, we invite you all to come over and watch with us as Riley sits in her chair. It is really quite hilarious. Okay, so most of you won't think it's as funny as we do, but still, a little midget person sitting in a blue squishy chair with her arms flailing all around and letting out little coo's here and there...what could be better?

In other news Riley had her first photo shoot last week. My friend Stephanie took a bunch of naked shots of Riley for her 3 month mark in life and I can hardly wait to see them. Other than her peeing all over me, she did great and Stephanie was even able to get some shots of her smiling. I will try to post a few when I get them back in a few weeks.

We also had a visit from Grandma Denton last Friday. No pictures to post, but Tyler's Mom came up for the day to see Riley and we met Tyler for lunch and had a nice visit. We were very glad to see her and hope to see her again soon.

Tyler and I had another date last Friday night. Some friends came over after I put Riley to bed and we went to one of our favorite spots, the Village Books Cafe in Fairhaven. Sadly, we got there at 8:30 not knowing it closed at 9, so we had to gulp down our drinks after we heard the overhead announcement telling us to go home. So we did what any new parent who is starving for some time alone would do - we went home after a whole hour-long date. What a new life we lead!

The other big news is that we left Riley in the nursery at church for the first time this past Sunday. We seriously contemplated heading down the road for some coffee, but decided against that and instead I spent the whole church service with my eyes glued to the monitor at the front, waiting for the number "503" to flash, telling me that Riley was desperately in need of her Mom. Much to my surprise (and I'll admit, disappointment), her number did not flash and when we picked her up after the service, they sung her praises and said she even took a nap for them! We were very impressed (although it doesn't take much these days!)That's all for now and I hope you are all enjoying this amazing sunshine.

6 comments:

the o's said...

omg she looks SO much like tyler in that last pic of her in the bumbo chair! so cute!! this chair must be a popular one b/c i have seen pics of like 6 friends' babies in it in these past few months!

Martha said...

I swear Riley gets more precious by the day....!!

Aa, A, K & M said...

we have the same bumbo seat and i also just posted a pic of kellen sitting in it! hilarious - i love how they put their little arms out to the side like they are just lounging! by the way...i'm so dumb - just checked with my pediatrician and she said i can totally run with kellen in the stroller! i don't know where i made that up!

Kristen Gough said...

such a great update. riley couldn't be cuter! evan's getting to the point where his legs are just barely fitting in his bumbo seat. i'm looking forward to seeing the photos from riley's 3 month photo shoot! and good for you guys, leaving riley in the nursery for the first time! i think this sunday will be evan's first time in the nursery. :) i hope you all have a great weekend!

Kaci said...

Oh my gosh - Erin - great minds think alike! I couldn't resist commenting that that first picture of Riley in the chair looks a tiny (more cuddley) version of Tyler. How funny! I can see how that chair might offer endless entertainment. I have a chair like that myself. Good times.

Aleah said...

We've had a few date nights like that! We always forget about Sunday evenings and things closing early....

Riley sure is a cute little girl. : )