Monday, February 11, 2008

3 months & two miles



It is late and I just fed and put Riley to bed and I have dishes piled up high in the kitchen...but I really wanted to get this post up today! I've been thinking about it all day and haven't managed to make the time until now. Today Riley is 3 months old. She weighs 13 lbs and 4.5 oz. And yes, every half of an ounce counts! I wasn't able to measure her, but I'm thinking she's around 25 inches long. So that keeps her in the 75% for weight and about 90% for her height. She's put on almost 1 1/2 lbs since her 2 month checkup, so she's right on track. She smiles all the time, has started to laugh more frequently and "talks" so much. I tried to videotape it today, but she somehow became camera shy and wouldn't perform. It is wonderful to hear her little voice though! I never realized how much fun it would be to just sit and have a little conversation with her.


Today also marks the first day of my 12 week training for the Vancouver Half Marathon. I am very much a goal-oriented person, so I knew I needed a race to help get me back into shape. I only ran two miles today, but oh my goodness did it hurt. Not to mention I had Doc with me and was pushing Riley in the stroller. I would not recommend that combination for the first run back after almost a YEAR of not running. I have run a marathon as well as several half marathons before, so 2 miles would normally be a walk in the park. I'm too ashamed to tell you all how long it actually took me to complete 2 miles, not to mention the fact my heart was burning along with every other inch of my body after just 5 minutes. So my goal for this race is to finish it, (preferably under two hours), but I'm thinking I need to extend some much needed grace to myself and probably just stick with the goal of finishing it. I will keep you updated on my training as time goes along, as well as the results of my race. It is Sunday May 4 in Vancouver, B.C. if anyone else feels like running???

2 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

your baby girl is so adorable, elizabeth! the two of you look so beautiful together!

i love having goals, too, some sort of event to work towards. the vancouver 1/2 marathon sounds like fun! good luck with your training! (i can't believe you went out with Riley AND Doc... i always admire the moms out running the lake with their babies and dogs...now you're one of them!!) :)

the o's said...

how does riley look so different than just a week ago when i saw her last?! she is so cute! and happy 3-month bday to her! congrats on the run, although i must say bringing doc and riley doesn't sound like a great idea at this point! you are brave - you're going to do great at the vancouver half - proud of you!