Thursday, July 31, 2008

this week has co$t me

who would have thought this could happen with a simple shut of the trunk? word of warning: make sure your stroller wheel is not next to the window next time you close your trunk. otherwise it will cost you $300...

a few days later i go to my doctor's appointment to have my eyes checked out and he tells me my left eye is still inflamed and i'll have to wear my glasses for AT LEAST another month. urgh! he tells me to buy a particular brand of eye drops because my cornea needs to stay extremely moist to help the healing process. i gladly walk to rite aide, only to find out that this so called "best brand of eye drops" is $18! for a little vial of eye drops! at least he didn't charge me the $45 for the office visit.

then i get back to my car to find this attached:

seriously, a parking ticket! for what???, i shout to nobody. i run to check the meter and i still had 4 minutes left, but apparently i parked two feet into the next spot. didn't know that was illegal...so much for a free doctor's appointment!

i am glad to welcome friday tomorrow, as it will mark the end of this expensive week for me. can't i do anything right??? we're headed to the coast tomorrow evening for a weekend of surfing (tyler, not me) and a big crab feed with tyler's "shred dogs" surf club. i'm looking forward to some fresh air...

5 comments:

Kristen said...

If it makes you feel any less stupid, I dumped a bowl of granola on our laptop and ruined it. Then, I think in the same week, knocked DJ's banjo over and they thought it was going to cost $1,000to repair it. So much for a stay at home mom saving the family money!

Martha said...

It is like Alexander's no good very bad day!! You didn't tell me about your eye! I am so sorry, that is such a bummer- at least you look very chic in your glasses! HUGS!!!

Kaci said...

Oh man! Sadly, that little yellow Bellingham envelope looks all too familiar: I seriously had a collection going in college. You are not alone!

Aa, A, K & M said...

oh elizabeth...sorry to hear about your week...i love your humor through it all! i had a similar parking ticket experience a few weeks - thought i was being so good by enjoying a free afternoon walking and playing at the portland waterfront only to come back to a $21 parking ticket!! er...
enjoy the crab feed - i'm jealous!

Aleah said...

That stinks!! All of it!

Hope your having a relaxing weekend to make up for your week. : )

Once I forgot to put the double stroller in the van and backed up over it! Luckily the kids were in the van. The employees ran out thinking I still had them in the stroller!

I know not as bad as your rear window but I thought I give you a story. : )