Wednesday, August 6, 2008

There is still sand in Riley's ears!

We had such a great time at the coast last weekend. The waves were nice, the weather perfect and Riley did great. We spent most of Saturday at the State Park where everyone else surfed and Riley, Doc & I cruised the beach, joined up with everyone for lunch then just did some sitting on the beach in the afternoon. That night we had the crab feed, campfire and even surf movies set up on a shower curtain! Riley slept great in the tent, although sharing a sleeping bag with a little one does not lead to a great night of sleep for Mom! It was really fun to watch Riley discover sand as she carefully watched it, twisting her hands every which way to get a good look at it. There was another surf session on Sunday morning, lunch then we headed back home. Oh, on Sunday morning the tide was way out and it was like I discovered sand dollar heaven. They were everywhere. If I had a bucket I would have loved to collected more, but I decided on just one. After being in Westport and watching the hoards of people happily surf there, I decided it can't be too bad, so I'm hoping to try surfing in WA-probably next summer. I've always been a snob when it comes to surfing (only can be done on Maui where the sun is hot and you don't have to put on a wetsuit) but I think I might give it a whirl!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Riley is so frickin' cute!!! Great pictures. Favorite is the one in the tent. How fun.

the o's said...

i agree w/ kristen... riley is adorable! i love her little outfits. can't wait to see her soon!

Martha said...

I am pretty sure Riley gets cuter by the day and the comments above lead me to believe that I am not biased bc I am her auntie- she really is the cutest darn little girl ever!! I agree w Kristen- LOVE the peekaboo in the tent shot! I am so excited to see you two next week!

Aleah said...

Oh my goodness! Love that 4th one down! She looks so happy to be out on the beach!

Glad you all had fun!