Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trip to Vashon

Erin, Claire, Riley and I (we missed you Ang & Ellie) rented a house on Vashon this past weekend. This was our 5th year of getting together and we hope to continue the tradition for years to come. It's always great to re-connect and spend good time with each other, since we are spread out from Portland to Bellingham. This was Riley's first girls trip and I must say that she did quite well. I think the others would agree! A noteworthy event that took place on Sunday while we were lounging around, was Riley had her first belly laugh! It was truly the cutest thing I've experienced thus far. She was laying on the floor and I was twirling her toy above her and amidst the hiccups she was having, she let out her first chuckle. Then she continued to laugh for a good two minutes as I kept twirling her toy. We all kept looking at e/o, like, "Is that laugh really coming from her???". It was a memorable event to say in the least!
The rest of the weekend was spent laying around the house, watching old Friends episodes, eating and taking a long walk. It was very restful and so fun to get away and see Vashon. Thanks girls for the fun weekend.



3 comments:

Martha said...

Like the new look- I keep playing around with mine too. I figure it will get better as I go!I am glad you girls had such a nice time. I can't wait to hear Riley laugh myself!

Aleah said...

I like the music, the color, the new pictures on your blog!
Fun isn't it - and cheaper than home decor ; )

Sounds like a fun tradition...I haven't been to Vashon in more than 10 years!!

So cute about Riley too. Don't you love it when they start to interact with you?!

Kristen Gough said...

oh, i love trips like this! it sounds and looks like you all had a great time. that is so cool about riley laughing!