Friday, September 14, 2012

Sonja is TWO!

Happy Birthday to our silly, talkative and adorable little girl.  The last two years have flown by.  I remember her birth so clearly - a successful VBAC after just 6 hours of labor.  We all fell so hard and fast for her.  From the time she was born she was sweet and fairly easy going.  We have loved to see her personality develop over this last year.  She is completely physically motivated - she does not just walk down the stairs, she jumps.  She climbs on top of everything and rarely does she fall.  She has figured out how to maneuver her petite little body.  She was very slow to talk, but at the beginning of the summer she went from just a few words to full sentences overnight.  She loves to read, play with dolls and mostly just follow Riley around.  Lately she has been behaving like a toddler - "no mommy, my do it" is what we hear all day long.  She is definitely a mama's girl and loves for me to hold her and help me do my chores.  She already has an opinion about many things - picking out her clothes just like Riley, ack!!!!

Probably one of the funnier things about her is her ability to make us laugh and make the craziest facial expressions.  It is hard to capture on camera, so I don't have too many great pictures to prove this.  Her middle name is Drew, after her Uncle Drew, and I think that she completely embodies the clown that Uncle Drew was.  We love this about her.  She couldn't be better suited to carry his name.  Today, like most holidays, birthdays and anniversaries, I miss my brother.  He was standing next to me when I gave birth to Sonja.  An unexpected gift that we both gave to each other.  Her last birthday he laid sick in bed for most of her party and this year he is gone.  There are so many moments throughout my day that I'm watching Sonja act crazy and my heart aches because I can not text Andrew and tell him all about the funny thing she said.  Miss you Andrew.  You would love who Sonja is.

IMG_5871

IMG_5875

IMG_5882
This morning we opened presents.  She loves her new car and baby stroller!

IMG_5886

IMG_5889
Pictures on the front porch

Photobucket

IMG_5911

IMG_5918
We had a few of her girlfriends over for a playdate this morning.  We had snacks, cupcakes and played!

2 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

Happy Birthday, Sonja!! We love your little girl and your whole family, Elizabeth. This is a beautiful post and brought a huge smile to my heart this morning! xoxo

the o's said...

these pics of nonja are just priceless. happy happy bday sweet nonja! we love you and cannot believe you are TWO!!!!!!