Friday, February 5, 2010

A bit about Riley


It's been almost a month since I last posted! I guess I've been a bit distracted and busy lately. And also just been having a lot of fun hanging with Riley, friends and family. I've really been wanting to record some of Riley's daily antics, sayings and favorites, just so I don't forget this awesome toddler stage (she will be 27 months old next week!):

~ Riley insists on keeping her door open whenever she naps and goes down at night and she reminds us several times, "Keep the door ALL the way open"
~ She also requests that I change her into her pj's when she goes down for her nap
~ She asks me almost daily, "Mom, did you have a good day?" or "Mom, did you have fun?"
~ Her favorites right now are to mother her babies, do puppet shows, take her babies on walks around the block and ride her trike
~ And speaking of trike, just this week she has been pedaling all by herself! We spend a lot of time in front of our house, riding up and down the blocks on her trike
~ Just this week she also learned how to do a proper somersault. And the cutest is that while she is doing it she is explaining what she's doing step by step..."You bend your knees, put your hands down here, then you do a somersault!"
~ She uses the words "fascinating", "amazing" and "anymore" in context
~ If you ask her the name of any stuffed animal, little person or baby she will answer, "Darcy". We have no friends named Darcy, nor do I remember reading a book with that name in it. We seriously have no idea where that name came from. But Darcy might also be an imaginary friend as well because she will occasionally tell us that she's "going to Darcy's house" then will march into her room and slam the door.
~ I think this is my brother Andrew's favorite, but she can not say her "L's". The phrase she says all the time is "Yook at my yeg" aka look at my leg. This always makes us smile!

I'm sure there are others...but I just had to write some of these down. There is so much I already forget. This next picture is of Riley dressing up and about to dance to her music in the living room. The last one is of her sitting on her potty with a jelly bean on her finger. We are in the beginning stages of potty training. Wish us luck!


3 comments:

the o's said...

best of luck w/ the potty training... hopefully rah-dee can potty train wes once she gets done. love the pics!

Kristen Gough said...

your girl is so awesome. i laughed out loud reading this post. i want to hang out with you and riley soon!!

such great photos, elizabeth!

angela said...

one of your best posts. riley is such a sweet and lively little bug. great job mama!