Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First day of Preschool

Riley had her first day of preschool this morning. She did about 4 months of preschool last fall until we decided to pull her out. It was pricey, got in the way of Sonja's sleep and I was not really wanting to start the whole school routine until we absolutely had to. I'm really glad I decided to do that. It's given us lots of time to just be at home playing this past year. It's amazing how much difference a year can make though. Riley has been really ready for school these last few months. She's needed something more than just being home with me. So today could not come soon enough! She just went for 1 hour, then Thursday she'll start in with her normal schedule. She was very excited last night, but definitely had a lot of nerves mixed in too. She had a little trouble falling asleep and we even had some tears (although the tears were mostly due to Tyler's travel schedule).

Both Tyler and I were able to take her to school this morning and she was all smiles. She was especially excited about finding her cubby and being able to put her sweater in it. She was very brave and walked right into her classroom to her teacher. We were very proud of her and all I could think was, "When did my little baby get so big?!" It's always a mixed bag of emotions, watching my kids accomplish new things in this world. But mostly just very exciting and fun.

She was excited to see me when I picked her up and the teacher said she did great. She complained of a tummy ache today, which I hear and read is normal for any kind of change in a kid's life. After an afternoon walk to the park, she told me her tummy was feeling much better. She crashed at 7 tonight, a sure sign of a good day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristen Gough said...

such a sweet milestone. i LOVE that first day photo of riley by the door--she is just beaming, it is totally heart-warming! these are all such wonderful photos of your big girl's first day. you are a radiant mama, elizabeth!