Thursday, December 2, 2010

our week

let me tell you friends, to be very honest, this past week has been awful. tyler has been out of town since monday and riley has been the sickest she has ever been in her 3 years of life. double ear infection, pink eye in both eyes, cough, fever and runny nose. caring for her by myself, being completely housebound (well i did sneak away for a few hours thanks to some lovely babysitters) and unable to socialize while still caring for my sweet baby (and desperately trying to keep her from the illness) has truly put me to the test. mothering is not for the weak, let me tell you. but all you mothers know that. we have managed to survive and i will admit that the tv has been my helper. she usually only gets to watch 1 show/week but this week it's been a free for all. bless on-demand tv!

we completed two different craft projects, both courtesy of martha stewart. the first one, a baby sock advent calendar and the second one, a greeting card wreath. my house is not yet decorated for christmas, since we were gone for thanksgiving, so it was fun to start putting a few things up. riley enjoyed helping me too...they both were extremely easy and kid-friendly.

tyler returns late tomorrow night and then we take off for a much needed 3 day getaway to a snowy cabin in the mountains with some friends. i already informed tyler that i'm not washing a single dish all weekend :) here's to a great weekend!

2 comments:

angela said...

oh.my.word. i can imagine your week. pure hell i'm sure. you are amazing mama! enjoy your three day getaway! we really need one of those too! where are you going?

Martha said...

You are such an incredible mother Elizabeth!! I look up to you so much!