Thursday, July 29, 2010

my cozy girl

just a few pictures taken last week in the backyard. ever since riley was born, she has always been a snugly, i want to be laying right on top of your face, kind of gal. when she stays with my mom they snuggle in bed and sing, "cozy girls, cozy girls, cozy girls" and riley just giggles with delight.

lately she has been obsessed with taking all her dolls and stuffed animals and placing them all over the house and putting each one of them to sleep. she wraps them in blankets, gives them pillows to lay on and informs me that they are all sleeping. and if you've ever been to my house you know how small it is, which doesn't leave much room to move around when they are strewn across the house. and they tend to sleep all day long and can NOT be moved. it is just the sweetest though. she sings to them, pats their back, snuggles them...what a good big sister and eventually mama she's going to make.

all that to say, riley brought her pillow and blanket to the backyard and insisted on being cozy with her dog. actually, the dog she is snuggling with used to be my dog when i was a girl. my nana & papa gave me this dog for my birthday and i named him fluffy. i loved this dog and even took him to college. riley loves to remind me that i used to have that dog when i was a little girl.

my sweet, cozy girl...

1 comment:

the o's said...

wesley has started to put things down for "nigh-nights" here too... but they are toy cars, trucks and ambulances... but hey, we all need our sleep. love the pics and love that you have had fluffy for so long. riley is so cute!