Tuesday, June 16, 2009

this was the outfit of choice in the morning:


then we quickly moved to this, before taking doc for a walk:


lunch HAD to be outside, chair on top of blanket, boots on & hood up:


post-lunch quickly turned into this:


then ended w/tackling mommy like this:




as you can see, living with riley is a daily decision as to which battles you are going to pick. i suppose that is how it goes with most toddlers. but oh dear, this one keeps me working from the moment i wake up until we convince her to fall asleep at night! i did not know somebody so small could have an idea and opinion about absolutely everything that happens during the day. but what pure joy she is!

4 comments:

Martha said...

UUUMMM, I don't know how many times I can say this but our little Riley bear is quite possibly one of the funniest people alive!! I can't imagine the depth of the well of patience that you have to access every single day! What an amazing mom you are to let Riley be herself and explore the world so fully!

angela said...

OK seriously. Naked baby butt. Boots. TOO CUTE!!!!!!!! :) Loved this blog! Thanks for sharing E!

Kristen Gough said...

i'm right there with ya, elizabeth! you are truly an amazing mom, raising one amazing little girl. this post brought a smile to my face and encouragement to my heart today! love you!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I don't know if you remember me (I don't think I've commented on here before, but I've been reading for awhile)... I met you through Tilly Ritter at our house and then found out you knew Marie Brewin and are neighbours with Ally and knew Andi Asbjornsen...small town. :) All that to say I can relate to what you wrote about Riley. We named our daughter with the middle name Riley because we found out it meant brave and loved that...holy cow, has it ever proven true. :)

Hope to see you some time soon. :)

Misha